Thursday, December 30, 2010

I tried, I really did....


To put up a garland around the interior arch in my entrance hall. We hung the exterior garland early in December and it was not easy. Next year I will hang a thicker garland on the exterior arch, even though this was the deluxe garland. Perhaps a different source will help.



If you will remember, I was inspired by this beautiful photograph of an interior front door arch hung with thick amazing garland . I bought all the piece parts of the garland and got ready to hang it - with the help of my mechanical engineer - my husband. He took one look at what we were attempting to hang and said there would be too many nail holes in the woodwork, and I had to agree - so no hanging the garland inside the front door. Sigh...

Instead I took all of the parts and reworked my mantel, which had dried up anyway. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year! See you in 2011.

Some Christmas 2010 memories from my humble abode....













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...