Monday, August 8, 2011

House of the Week





I saw this house in a post on All the Best and fell immediately in love. I know it looks like all the houses I love, white clapboard, black shutters, but this one has something different - it's just perfect and seems to have soul.



This is Florence de Dampierre's house in Connecticut. Of course I had to see the inside, which you can find in her book French Chic. If you don't own this book, run out and pick it up - I spent several hours with it when I first purchased it.





The apple green den.



You can order the book here: French Chic - The Art of Decorating Houses



Ms. de Dampierre has a new book called Walls - also wonderful.



Both images are from the book, French Chic, photography by Tim Street-Porter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...